Navratri 2016 Colors | 9 Days Colours of Navratri Dress & Saree – Navaratri is the nine days celebration in the honour of Goddess Durga, the goddess of power. There are in all five forms of Navaratri out of which Sharad Navaratri is the important one. The Sharad Navaratri commences on the first day (Pratipada) of the bright fortnight of lunar month of ashwin. The festival of Navaratri falls mostly in the month of September or October. The famous dance form Garba and Dandiya originated in festival f Navaratri. Though the dates of the festival are determined according to the lunar calendar, the dates may differfor a day more or a day less. Below are the Navratri 2016 Colors.
Navratri 2016 Colors: The word Navaratri has originated from ancient Sanskrit language. During the nine nights and ten days nine forms of Devi are worshipped. The last day that is the tenth day is usually referred to Dussehra or Vijayadashami. The festival of Navaratri begins with Ashvin Shukla Prathama and ends with Ashvin Shukla Navami. In the current year 2016 the festival of Navaratri will be celebrated from October 2, Sunday to October 11, Tuesday. The last day is Dusshera. The festival of light that is Diwali falls after twenty days from the day of Dusshera. As mentioned nine forms of Devi are worshiped and Nine Colours of Navaratri are the following:
|1||2nd Oct, Tue||Pratipada||Red|
|2||3rd Oct, Wed||Dwitiya||Royal Blue|
|3||4th Oct, Thu||Tritiya||Yellow|
|4||5th Oct, Fri||Chaturthi||Green|
|5||6th Oct, Sat||Panchami||Grey|
|6||7th Oct, Sun||Sashti||Orange|
|7||8th Oct, Mon||Saptami||White|
|8||9th Oct, Tue||Ashtami||Pink|
|9||10th Oct, Wed||Navami||Sky Blue|
- Navaratri Day 1, Pratipada. The form of the Goddess is Shailaputri Maa and the colour for the day is Red.
- Navaratri Day 2, Dwitiya. The form of the Goddess is Brahmacharini and the colour for the day is Royal Blue.
- Navaratri, Day 3, Tritiya. The form of Goddess is Chandraghanta and the colour for the day is Yellow.
- Navaratri, Day 4, Chaturthi. The form of Goddess is Kushmanda and the colour for the day is Green.
- Navaratri, Day 5, Panchami. The form of Goddess is Skandamata and the colour for the day is Gray.
- Navaratri, Day 6, Shashthi. The form of Goddess is Katyayani and the colour for the day is Orange.
- Navaratri, Day 7, Saptami. The form of Goddess is Kaalratri and the colour for the day is White.
- Navaratri, Day 8, Ashtami. The form of Goddess is Maha Gauri and the colour for the day is Pink.
- Navaratri, Day 9, Navami. The form of Goddess is Siddhidatri and the colour for the day is Sky Blue.